Rainy Day Projects For Your Home
April showers bring May flowers, but they also give you time to check a few things off your to do list on a rainy weekend. Here are a few projects you can get done:
- Spring clean. Dust all the blinds, wipe down the quarter-round molding, and clean under the beds and furniture you haven’t moved in a while.
- Organize your closets. Unless you’re extremely neat all the time, you’re bound to have items you can sort. Create sections or piles to keep, throw away, and donate. Getting rid of clutter makes you feel good and it also makes your home look better.
- Paint something. Paint may take longer to dry in wet weather but it’s still fun to sand and finish an old table or spruce up a nightstand. Get your house paint from the garage and touch up dings on the doors and walls. Or paint some small terra cotta pots and fill them with plants for your kitchen window.
- Fix something. Even if you don’t know how, it’s time to stop that leaky faucet or install that new sink. Just visit the Internet for instructions or invite a knowledgeable friend to help, and then serve them dinner.
- Make updating plans. A rainy day is a good time to assess your home and think about projects you want to do later. Make a wish list of things you want to accomplish, like updating the kitchen or finding new lamps for the den.